Thursday, February 12, 2009

What's NOT happening?

Well, there's pretty much so much going on that this update is more of a filling you peoples in on whats been happening. Therefore I will probably be bouncing around quite a bit.

Well, I'm living on a ship, not a boat, it's a ship, there's a total of 8 crew members, 16 students, 4 staff and 1 school leader. The amount of people involved in the Marine reach ministry is overwhelming. I never could have guessed just how many people are required to keep this thing moving forward. There's half a dozen people at the office, another 4 or 5 taking care of the medical and another small group of gentlemen who help out with maintenance on the ship. Lots of people coming and going, it's a lot of fun.

Yesterday, after surfing, I left my bible atop the van and lost it as we drove off. We went back and searched for it with no luck. So, today I went to a little book shop and purchased a new one. This one is an NIV translation where my last one was a NLV. I'm thinking that I may try to take it back and get a different one. As nice and modern as the NIV is, and I do like it don't get me wrong, I am quite the fan of the older styles of speach. There ain't no school like the old school.

Nearby there are a couple of sweet parks. One that is closely assiciated with the ship is Gideon's Field. It holds some similarities to a Nature Reserve, and native land. It has special significance to the Maori people. Our first time there was on our first friday, almost two weeks ago at which time we recieved a welcome from the Maori there. Not many of the native's live on site, but they do use it for ceremonies. It was incredibly interesting to watch the cultural dance and ceremony of welcome.

Also near by is another small park and waterfall which also has gorgeous swimming and cliff jumping. I do so want to go back there. But that will have to wait as we're planning to do an eight hour hike this weekend, which as far as I am concern will be AWSOME!

I think that'll fill in most of the holes for now. Oh, the DTS lectures, walking in the fear of the Lord has been this week and man is it amazing. I can't begin to describe it here without going on for another two pages.

Enjoy the cold Canada...

No comments:

Post a Comment