Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Beginnig

Well here I am in Tauranga New Zealand on board the M/V Pacific Link. That's right, I'm living in NZ on a ship with a nice squishy bunk, actually it's not too bad and I', 5'17". I'm here as a student in a Discipleship Training School (DTS) run by Youth With a Mission (YWAM). It's Week 3 right now and we're moving right along with Lectures. At the end of March we will be sailing for Auckland and then after that for the Island Nation of Fiji for the outreach portion of our trip.

I came to this school looking to see if I couldn't find some direction for my life. Well I haven't found it yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't found anything; this place is loaded with amazing people, things to do and most important, the presence of God.

Well during my time here I will get a chance to serve God, live on board a ship, chill with sweet peeps and learn how to surf. If that doesn't sound like a pretty Hardcore Adventure, I don't know what does.

Of course, once the DTS is finished, there are only going to be more adventures in the lovely country of New Zealand. I have acquired a 1 year Working-Holiday visa and am going to put it to use. I hope to work on a ski-hill teaching snowboarding (hmmm, that's kind of ironic) for the summer...i mean winter, but...eer...okay it'll be June-October whatever season you're in. And then after that I'm going to go backpacking around, ummm, how about, the ENTIRE COUNTRY?! Sounds good to me.

Oh man, so much to write...but I don't want to make this post huge. I'll leave you here for now with me in NZ having a grand ol time.

Catch ya on the flip side...

No comments:

Post a Comment