Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Surfs Up

Wednesday is elective day, so for me that means surfing. There are 5 other students who're taking the surfing elective as well. Today was our first official day in the water, but that hasn't stopped me from getting out there. The ship has a couple of surfboards that I can use. Unfortunately there quite short for me, especially to learn on, but it's definitely fun to paddle around in the waves. Today, with a ten foot board instead of a six foot board I was just able to get to my feet. It was at the last moment, but I was stable.

Our surf instructor is one of the DTS staff members and despite never having officially taught anyone how to surf, he's quite proficient at it. In total I've been our on the surf board 4 times now with greater success each time. I hope to start catching waves all over the place from now on. I'm even thinking about buying a used surfboard, on that I fit on, so I can ride anytime.

Other than surfing today was a very busy day, and all I wanted was a bit of quiet time, but that was not granted. I did however place on the alter something that was coming between God and myself. I had to give up control. my plans for post DTS life. Plans of snowboarding and hiking around NZ. I've no idea what I'll be doing after the DTS, or if I'll even be using my work visa here. But you know what? I've got 5 months to hear from God. People here have been telling stories of God's last second miricles, but those only emphasis how awsomly awsome he is.

Wherever he leads me, that's where the party's at.

3 comments:

  1. Hey dude,

    So it sounds like your enjoying yourself. I hope the fun continues.

    Anyways, I am making a blog that you can check out occasionally if you'd like. Just to keep you up to date with the goings on across the bond.

    http://ljacks.blogspot.com/

    Anywho, hope to hear from you!

    ~Sammo

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm... heck yes!
    ... i hope i get invited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Matt - it'll be a great party, wherever HE leads you! Sounds like things are going well - glad to hear it! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete