Sunday, February 22, 2009

...lost for a creative title...

Well, this week’s had no huge event highlights like hiking Mt Doom or going surfing for the first time. Despite all of that it’s been freaking awesome. How awesome? SO awesome!

Our speakers this week have been Bruce and Barbara Thompson. They’ve been talking to us about the Divine Plumb Line. For those who are not builders, a plumb line is a tool used to measure how straight up and down something is. So they likened it to God’s intent for our lives being His plumb line and talked about the ways in which we stray from his intended path. I realize that the explanation I’ve just given here is a summarization of a week of lectures that actually usually takes 2 weeks to go through, we got the condensed version.

The more lectures we have, on any topic, the more I can see how similar this DTS is to Landmark Education. Many of you will know about Landmark, some will not, it’s okay, don’t worry too much. But it’s also clear to me that the stuff landmark teaches is not some new revelation at all, it’s in the Bible, it’s a couple of millennia old. We have to take the rejection, the hurt, and the rebellion of our pasts and give it up to God that we might be free of it and not project it into our future so that we can live in the present for the benefit of his kingdom free from the fear of man.

This week we also looked at the Story of Jacob and Esau and how Jacob wrestled with an angel all night until he was blessed. The angel re-named him Israel which means, he struggles with God or child of God, heir of God. Each of these things is something that I have learned, before looking back at this story. On the first day of Lectures I had the revelation (understanding or comprehension) in my heart that I AM indeed an heir of Christ and I don’t think I’ll ever miss a chance to keep affirming this. I’ve also felt that in order to get what I want, my blessing, of discovering how God wants me to serve him, I have to not only be patient, but demanding. I have to wrestle it from him.

Another note, I twisted my ankle at the beach yesterday. :’(. But it’ll be okay, I hope. I was trying to skim board on a boogie board. Whoopsy. And this coming Friday, I’m going to get a chance to chill with some youths from one of the local churches.

Keep on chillin.

No comments:

Post a Comment