Friday, March 27, 2009

Week on Land

Again, I took no pictures this week, but for a different reason. We spent the week on land as the ship was dry-docked and I didn't have room to pack the camera. Not that I'd have had a chance to use it as there wasn't much beauty. Not going to lie, I missed the ship. My bunk at the Crystal Springs YWAM Base was shorter than the one on the ship and too small for me. I ended up pulling the mattress off the bed and sleeping on the floor.

I got to spend some amazing good times with God last week. We had a prayer and fast day and I never realised how even one day of fasting could help bring you closer to God. I didn't hear anything specifically from him, but simply spending time with him rocked my socks off.

We had speaking on Callings and Missions this week. What I took away from the week was that we don't have to get our calling before we head out on it. We can start moving towards something in faith and if our path changes along the way and heads to a destination we couldn't see at the beginning so be it. So now I'm going to step out and give God control. I'll make sure that I let him navigate and tell me where I'm to go. He's the captain of the ship, and I'm the helmsman, so ultimately it's up to me to obey his directions.

Tomorrow's the Big day for us. We're sailing to Fiji; 5 nights and 6 days at seas. It'll be an experience to remember. I am planning on NOT taking any sea sickness pills as I want to either not be sea sick at all, or feel its full force.

I purchased a rain jacket today, and a nice one at that. It's a light weight trekking style jacket with taped seams, sealed zippers and made out of the best...Gore-tex. And let's not forget the 40% off part, that's also a super bonus. It's a Kathmandu Jacket, which if I recon correctly, is similar to Canada’s MEC. Don't quote me on that one but I will find out more about the great outdoor shops the longer I'm here.
Still in the market for a tent and I still think that the best place will be MEC in Canada.

For those who don't know, I'm an uncle now. Me beautiful sister had a beautiful little baby. WOOT WOOT! Shout out to her.

OH! Exciting news, I've figured out my catch phrase for signing out of my Blogs...and a lot of other things...

Go Big or Go Home. This isn’t just a phrase to spure you on and encourage you on to grand adventures, but you also have to take in the second part. Sometimes it is better to "go home" as it were than to risk it all. It's another way to say "All or Nothing."

So folks, until the next time I get to post updates,
Go Big, or Go Home!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being an uncle Matt! So rad! I'm an aunt again My sis had a baby on March 20th. her first.

    DUDE! It sounds like God is doing ridiculous things in your life, so rad, I'm stoked that you get to be on this ridiculously awesome journey! rad...how rad SO RAD

    ReplyDelete