Friday, March 20, 2009

Orama and Beyond

So, no pictures this week because it was too beautiful for me to stop looking and go get my camera. Last week my front door opened out onto a goergious bay, yes we had to take a boat to get to land. It has an AMAZING view of rolling hills, mini mountains might be the best way to place them, This was on Great Barrier Island. Perhaps I can find a map for you and link it to the Title of this post. (We were in the Port Fitzroy area)

Orama is a small christian camp that exists to help people. It's a place of restoration. They also help to facilitate outdoor adventure camps for schools or other groups. It's an amazing place of beauty with hiking trails all over, and nothing but nature and people to be with. It was difficult to leave, and arriving in Auckland 4 hours later was a bit of a culture shock for some people. The harsh contrast between the little community and a large city. There have been many things I've seen on this trip that I've thought to myself that I'll never get to see again, but I think I will be back to Orama at least one more time.

While we were there I got the opportunity to go surfing, or splashing in the surf. Needless to say I did not do too well, but cool story. One of the guys I was surfing with started talking to one of the other guys out there, turns out he's in the top 25surfers in the world on vacation surfing the same spot as me...cool eh?

We're now in Auckland for a few days and I'm chilling at Frank and Colleen's house in the suburbs of the city. A very nice place I must admit. I didn't really want to get away from everyone else on the ship, but at the same time it may be a good thing to breat in some space.

SO much to share. This week's teachings was on Identity and our speaker was AMAZING! she's been through so much walking alongside God that he was able to use her story to speak volumes into each one of our lives. For me I came to DTS searching for a vision, a dream or a direction to take in life, but direction is somthing we get after we know who we are in God. If the direction is Point B, and knowing God is point A and all I wanted was point B then I've missed out on just how AMAZING and AWSOME (making it AMAZOME) point A is.

Oh, yeah there's not enough time in the day to study all the cool things in the Bible, especially when there's 4 more weeks of lectures that are all going to be so good and full of MORE stuff that I'll want to dive into and study.

I think this blog system is too limiting. I need multiple sections for different topics and ideas that want to flow. If anyone knows of some other systems of webpage managment, that'd be great.

PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment