Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shipping Out

Well, I'm sailing out tonight at 19:00 h. We're heading to Great Barrier Island for a week and it's only going to be a 12 hour sail. From there we head to Auckland for a week so the ship can dry dock and then it's off to Fiji, six days and five nights on the water sailing in the deep blue. I'm so excited. How excited? SO excited.

I don't have manyd etails on what/where I'll be doing anything in Fiji, but I do know that I'll get a chance to help with the ship's clinic and eye tests and even visit schools to educate kids.

After Fiji, we're going to be splitting off into two seperate outreach groups. I've heard God telling me to go with the team to New Zealand. The plan is to fly into Christchurch and three weeks later end up in Auckland...Yup, that's the plan. We know the beginning and the end and everythign in the middle is up to God. We're going to spend a lot of time listening for guidance. I'm SO totally up for it.

To try and fill you in on what's been happening. Our alst week's speaker was talking to us on intercession and prayer, an amazing week if I've ever had one before. I'm so excited fro prayer and digging into God's word.
I've also realised that if/when I get bakc to a "normal" life, I'm not going to any any time to do anything else but read and pray...

I'm sure there was stuff I thought about putting here that I've forgotten about. OH Cathedral cove, it's the location where they filmed Prince Caspian, or part of it. The scene where the kids come out of the cave back into Narnia. It's actually wasn't much of a lcoation, but an awsome day trip one the less.

I ahd a crazy idea, or an awsome idea. hwo cool would it be to get a flight or a ship to the closest part of mainland asia and backpack my way to Europe and then fly/boat to eastern North America and backpack/hitchhike to BC?
I'm actually thinking about it. Of course it's not just a trip for me, but a chance to spread the gospel through the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment