Monday, November 15, 2010

Tale of Two Walls

Chapter 1
I am as I have been for ages past, gazing up upon The Wall. As a tower it rises up and up higher and higher. Forever have I dwelt in the shadow of this wall. I have looked up at it, thought about it, climbed upon it and studied it.

I hate The Wall.

Though it has always been there protecting me from the the whether, the storms as they pass, cast shade for me in the hot, hot heat, lured in food and provision for me, drawn travelers to keep me company and taken care of me, I hate The Wall.

Someday, I will build a wall. It will be a wonderful wall, a magnificent wall, a spectacular wall. People will travel from all around to see the wall that I have built. My wall will be nothing like The Wall. My wall will be smooth where is should be and stick out at an angle just where it aught to. There will me room on my wall for every one to take shelter in the storm, or find food for themselves to eat, and enjoyment in how it is formed.
When those who come to see my wall look and see The Wall in the distance they will say, “My, what a sad looking wall that is. I am glad that this new wall is nothing like that Wall.“

No comments:

Post a Comment