Monday, November 15, 2010

No Title?

Intense week this week. The official name is called Father Heart of God, but that's just the general theme. It took an entire week of lectures to unpack a little bit about what that means, so I'm not going to try to do so here.

What I will let you know is that I had some cool times. I was managing the comings and going of this week making sure everyone knew what was happening from day to day, arranging for this to happen and that to happen. Sorry, I should say I was responsible for making sure someone was doing that stuff, I didn't have to do it all myself, nor did I do it alone.
Amongst all of the organizing the content of the lectures was really speaking to my heart. So not only was I being emotionally, spiritually and intellectually stirred up, but I also had to be able to coordinate people and help others to process themselves. Fun, well challenging is more accurate but I do enjoy a good challenge.

So, Matt, you got a lot out of this past week personally? Aren't you in Davos to help equip others?

Yes, and yes. And here's where my being open and broken in front of those I am leading has been a blessing. One of the first feed back and pieces of encouragement that came to me from a student of the current DTS has been thanking me for being a leader who is willing to be open and broken. Often leaders are viewed as people who have things together, well I don't. I have some experiences that help me, but I don't have it all together and apparently living that out is helping me to lead. Never would have thought of that on my own.

Well, I've written a short story about my experiences this week and posted each chapter. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment