Friday, December 11, 2009

Let's see now...

So what's new?
Well, let me explain...no, there is too much, let me sum up...Buttercup is marry Humperdink in little less than half an hour...
...wait wrong scenario...

So how do you view the world? What tint do your glasses have on them? Is everything in black and white? Perhaps you like the yellow ones because you're an optimist and they make things look brighter. How aboot the red ones that are just crazy and make it next to impossible to determine what colour objects truly are.

Well, as much fun as it is to discuss the effects different coloured lenses have on our perception, so too it is fun to discuss what messages and ideas influence the way we perceive other messages and ideas. For example, do you interpret the Bible from your point of view in the world? Or does the Bible give you a point of view to interpret the rest of the world?

To answer my own question I would say that I am coming out of the former place of reference. And I do believe that happens to be the natural place to be.

"This is what I know and this is how I understand, so how does it relate to how I think?"

Seems a little elitist doesn't it? Does this stance not assume that I already have everything lined up right? Well I don't think that I'll ever be able to completely adopt the Bible as my lenses to see the world and everything in it...but I can try. I believe that it is the word of God and that it is True (notice the capital T), but that is such a blanket statement that it can not go unqualified.

What can we get from the Bible? Well a whole stinking lot. Sometimes a sentence or so jumps out at you and provides you with exactly the encouragement or guidance that you've been looking for. It contains the history of a people, it contains the work of some seriously smart and wise people, and we have access to that. And so much more that I've yet to understand, or realize. But here's to hoping that I'll get a chance to find out some more.

SO on another note, I've been listening to some tracks off the album Picket Fence Cartel by Project 86 and WOW! the lyrics are just blowing me away. Motivating me to hold onto things that are so empowering I feel like I could take on the world, and I guess I can. SO look out world, I'm on my way, and I don't come alone.

Matt Clarke
Go Big or Go Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment