Friday, July 3, 2009

A New Direction

So, updating time.
I did NOT get the job as a snowboard instructor on Treble Cone (TC). The hiring clinic was an intense 4 day rider improvement, teaching improvement and audition for a position. Unfortunately for me there were some well and good riders and teachers in the group. Enough of them were better than myself that they got the positions and not me. I must say that I think my riding has not improved as much as it did over the past 4 or five days since I spent the season riding everyday while working at Grouse. I am definitely planning on taking this and other clinics in the future to improve my riding.

For now? This is a huge set back as far as living in Wanaka goes. There are very VERY few jobs here, as likely there are very few everywhere. I do not have a seasons pass for any of the mountains, if I did I would e set to live and ride all day everyday. But I do not. I also asked God that if this was where I am to be that I receive the job through the clinic. Since I did not I am feeling right now that I should be moving on.

Where should I go? What should I do? Well that's been the theme of my thoughts over the past few days. Today I climbed a mountain to seek God's face and his plan. I think that I have found it. I'm going to go to Calcutta India to Mother Thereasa's House of the Destitute and the Dying. I remember hearing stories about people who go to help out for a time and extreme things happen. During the DTS, India came up for me as something to pray for. The book I am currently reading, the author went to Calcutta to try to understand the poor that he might understand poverty. I have the time, I'm pretty sure I have the resources and who needs more than that?

...I don't know what else to say...It should be amazing, God always is.

Go Big or Go Home!

1 comment:

  1. Matt - it was absolutely fabulous to see you while you were in town.
    God is definitely challenging you but I feel that you are meeting His challenges admirably. I'll keep you in my prayers my friend!

    ReplyDelete