Thursday, June 25, 2009

In Wanaka with God

Okay, let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up. I am in Wanaka New Zealand and I’ve been here for 29 hours and I don’t really want to leave. Yeah, it’s that awesome. Today the weather’s not as good as yesterday and yesterday I didn’t take my camera out so you’ll just have to wait for photos and a couple new videos.

God’s awesome and he’s given me a really cool place to stay and some cool people to hang out with so far. Not to mention amazing trails and mountains to climb and a mountain bike to ride all over them. He’s also given me a phone to use so that work can contact me. That is they’ll be able to contact me once I get the job. I’m trusting that God will give me that too.

The Church that I want to connect with here is called Lighthouse Church and is geared around worship and young people. Could this be an intro into something bigger? For those who are unaware, because I haven’t told you, I’ve got an interesting new idea that will alter the course of my travels.

I am in the process of applying to the YWAM base in Davos Switzerland to join the team there as a Staff member for the Snowboarder DTS beginning in November. The commitment is 12 months, which could be split into two 6 month Snowboarder DTSs. It’s incredibly exciting to see God move and encourage me about this direction. I don’t know if I will be accepted or not, but sometimes it’s the journey and not the destination that counts eh?

And on that note I guess this is a good place to mention that I am seriously considering full time missions work. Where? And doing what? I have no idea. Someplace where I am needed and serving people, the rest God can take care of. Don’t worry too much, I’ll visit.

Cool story, a couple nights ago while laying in bed I had one of those moments, or maybe it was an epiphany, and it was about how awesome God really is. How awesome I that? SOOOO AWSOME! And then more. It was really cool to feel that.

Well, I won’t bore you with details, I’ll get a few videos uploaded in a couple days though and they’ll give you the details and entertain you.

Matt Clarke
Go Big or Go Home!

1 comment:

  1. Good new plan! I guess I'll make plans for a trip to Switzerland sometime between November 09 and November 2010. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete