Sunday, July 26, 2009

Re-Entry Revamped

So at the end of DTS we read a book about and discussed the concept of Re-Entry. What it is like for a missionary to go from the mission field to being back home. In a DTS the student is constantly growing and being challenged and during those 5-6 months they have so much going on. How much? SO much. The return home can often be overwhelming because home has not been growing at the same rate, it can be exactly the same as the student left it.
I feel fortunate that I had a couple of weeks of travelling and living in a strange country to help myself adapt and process some of the things I experienced on DTS. Following that, the time I got to spend at home was the best I could have asked for. I had 4 days to get everything done that I needed to see the people I needed to see. Therefore I did not waste anytime at all. The best part: a family wedding, who shows up? Your extended family. DONE! I got to see my grandparents and aunts and uncles, it was amazing! Next, two good friends get married so who shows up? All your friends. BAM! Done. How amazing is it that despite the distance that has come between a group of friends, in this case we’re taking literally, a physical distance, I got a chance to see most all of the people who’ve been apart of my walk with God in two short days.
I could not have asked for a better “re-entry” experience.
Thank You to everyone who I got to see and hang out with while I was in Canada

No comments:

Post a Comment