Thursday, June 18, 2009

Roaming the North Island

Over the past week, since DTS graduation and commissioning, I’ve been working my way around the North Island. Auckland, Tauranga, Rotorua, Wellington. Now I begin heading south with a bit more purpose. I’ve got a few people to meet along the way, but then I’ll end up in Wanaka. Let’s hope that I can arrange some accommodation before I get there.
While in Wellington, a few mates from the DTS and I toured around on our own and visited some of the LOTR filming sites. For example, the Hobbit hideout when the nazgul approach them on the road in Fellowship. The quarry where Helms Deep Battle Scenes were done, the location where close ups were done on the Anduin river, and the gardens in Isengard. It was cool to see the exact locations where the filming happened, but as I have seen the landscape along the roads and in the wilderness I can’t help but dream about hiking through the hills and to top it off the LOTR sound tracks keep playing in my head.
Unfortunately those dreams of hiking will have to wait. Hitching and Snowboarding are first so long as Jesus remains the center of attention and doesn’t tell me to go elsewhere or do otherwise. Of course I’m going to meet up with a few people that I got to minister to while on outreach. I hope to spend a day in Christchurch locating a guy from the street that we got to talk to. And another day in Picton with a guy from the church that we chilled at.

No idea what else to write. It’s been fun here, and there’s more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment