Friday, February 11, 2011

A Contrast of sorts

Time and time again God takes you for a walk of incredible beauty. My friend calls them BP&J dates, because it often turns out that she‘s got a penut butter and jam sandwich for to eat while God shows her some breathtaking view and sits quietly beside her to watch.

Here in South Africa the beauty is in the sunset, the sun rise, the mountain, the clouds rolling off the mountains, the rivers, the ravines, and the beaches.

Literally placed right beside, under or on those same amazing features will often sit on of gut wrenching saddness. entire towns of small shaks cobbled together out of whatever material can be found. Slums stretching for kilometers beside the highway or climbing halfway up a mountain side.

Then, something that can be even more troubling is what sits, at times, only a few hundered meters from those slums. That is mansions or wealthy districts of houses and even gated communities.

I see these things and think to myself, “I don‘t understand. I don‘t get it. What‘s going on God?“

I still don‘t know. I still don‘t understand it all, but I feel like the answer is something like this. “This is a result. A result of things people did and even continue to do. As soon as they stop doing those things and turn to Me, then I will show them the change they so desire.“

I don‘t know what part I can play in that story as it unfolds, but if you‘ll joing me in praying for change, then together we can believe for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment